Sunday, December 9, 2007

My first visitor!!





My wonderful boyfriend came to Nevis to see what my life with the Peace Corps was all about. Perhaps he was hoping for a nice relaxing tropical vacation but I had other ideas; I put him right to work! He even came to meetings with me. He got a flavor of what it's like to integrate and accomplish the little things that paint the big picture of being a PCV. I dubbed him my PCVAS (Peace Corps Volunteer Auxiliary Support) and together we tackled some rather daunting tasks: soliciting donations (supplies) for the Fountain Christmas party, designing, creating & cutting out wooden Christmas animal decorations for the Tree Lighting Celebration, wrapping gifts for another Fountain Christmas party, designing paper tree decorations, designing and creating locally attainable jewelry ideas for the Craft House and gathering materials for craft projects. Those are few of many seemingly insurmountable tasks that my wonderful visitor helped bring to fruition. He also spent days and countless, exhaustive trips to various stores to pick up every item on my wish list before he left the US. I don't know how he can be as wonderful as he is but I am one lucky girl!

1 comment:

Sheri Johnson said...

Did I forget to mention he is also a food testor? He sampled many local dishes and deemed the coconut tarts, BBQ chicken, jerk pork, macaroni pie and my homemade naan anything from "yum!" to "his favorite Caribbean food he has tasted so far."