Wednesday, December 19, 2007

woodwork animals




I volunteered to make some wood animals for the Fountain Christmas display. First I asked around at TDC to get prices on wood and paint. The wood was going to be over $100 and there really wasn't much paint except for wall paint. After a little legwork and talking I managed to get it donated by Mr. Merchant at TDC! He donated a 1/2"x10"x14' pine board and 4 pints of wall paint (white, brown, orange and blue.) He had them delivered to the Craft House before I could even walk back there! My boyfriend (who was visiting from the States) was impressed. I designed the animals and cut them out using a band saw and scroll saw, then sanded them with a belt sander and hand sanded them with help from my boyfriend. I base coated them all white and then painted the details with my One Stroke acrylic paints that were delivered from my mom (in Idaho) to my boyfriend (in North Carolina) and finally brought to Nevis. A few of my little friends helped me by painting the stands blue. The animals took a lot of work but it was worth it because everybody loved them.

No comments: