Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A white (flour) christmas!







I have been asked to help decorate Trinity Methodist Church for Christmas. I racked my brain, wondering how I could decorate without all the standard paraphernalia I'm used to seeing in December: Santa Clauses, reindeer, tinsel, bows, wreaths and glass balls. I ventured all throughout Charlestown to nearly every store and returned with white glue, kool-aid, flour, salt, cinnamon and tea lights. Not exactly everything I had hoped for. But what could I possibly do with all that?

I worked all night like Jekyll and Hyde concocting various mixtures and doughs and colored glitter pastes. I awoke the next morning to what looked like a freshly fallen snow; in reality it was last night's floury mess. I cleaned up, gathered a few kids and enlisted their help in making salt-dough ornaments. They had a blast and can't wait for the next craft session! They did a great job and were extremely creative.

No comments: