Monday, January 7, 2008

Paper dolls



Remember paper dolls? Living here has forced me to resort back to a time when everything wasn't available to me. I have been creating little activities and things to do with the kids. This one was pretty labor intensive and I know it won't last long but it was fun to make! Let it be known that I tried to make her complexion dark but my colored pencils didn't agree with me. I glued her to the cardboard backing first (recycled from my rice-cooker box which has served many purposes over the duration of my service; from Halloween costume to craft treasure chest, painting shield to coffee table). I made the mistake of trying to color it post-glue which was not ideal, especially for creating future outfits. It's amazing what a little creativity and a few supplies yields to a fertile imagination!