Thursday, May 1, 2008

Disturbing incident of the day


I started to notice a bad smell coming from the general area of the laundry room/bathroom. Of course noxious smells are often associated with such areas so I wrote it off. However, when I was doing my laundry yesterday I shrunk back in horror when I finally saw the culprit: Two rather large lizards had gotten themselves stuck on my fly paper and were busy decomposing! I was utterly disturbed and horrified at the grotesque dead "gargoyles" framing my back door and couldn't act on it right away. When I had to use the restroom I tried not to look. When I brushed my teeth that night I had to carry my toothbrush into the farthest room and I actually ran past them. Today in the light of day I finally took them down and got my photographs and threw the spectacle away. Now perhaps I can rest a little easier.
There is something about being in the Peace Corps that just entails frightening and unexpected surprises. Last week I got a new towel out of my closet and after my shower, started to towel myself off. I noticed there was some lint on the towel so I gave it a hearty shake and a large, quarter-sized hairy brown spider rolled dazedly onto the floor! I'm afraid to ask what is next?

1 comment:

i cant decide said...

Oh, wow, that is not cool. I'm glad you got the courage to get rid of them.